Wednesday, December 14, 2011

12 Days of Christmas

Josh took me on a date the other day. As we trolled the isles at the Lawton Wal-Mart, Christmas shopping without kids, he told me that he was tired of being a "lame" husband. Apparently, he found some of our old dating paraphernalia the other day (you know, back when you used to have time to woo each other?) and decided that he wasn't taking out enough time to woo me anymore. I'm pretty sure that I have the sweetest husband ever, and I told him that he was over thinking it and that wooing me was folding the laundry or taking out the trash without being asked or some other mundane gross task that I don't want to do. Evidently, this did not satisfy him because this is what I woke up to this morning:


In case you can't read it, it says, "Happy First Day of Christmas. -Santa" and yes, that is a note on toilet paper. But, more importantly, it's what the note is hanging on. When we moved into this house, the toilet paper holder was hanging halfway out of the wall. Each time I got some toilet paper, I was certain it would fall off the wall, and I would do my best to push it back. It got worse and worse until I didn't feel it could support the weight of the roll. Josh kept telling me that it was an easy fix and one day he'd get around to it. In hind sight, he must have been saving it for a special occasion...

And, yes, it made me cry.

Happy First Day of Christmas! I can't wait to see what tomorrow has in store!!

No comments:

Post a Comment