Friday, February 13, 2009

10 Things I Hate About You


I recently read a letter in the Ensign that told of an elderly woman who had recently lost her husband; her husband that she had complained about for years. Mostly, she complained about the toothpaste on the mirror. Later in the letter it goes on to say that after he died, she was still cleaning the toothpaste off of the mirror, realizing that it wasn’t just him and feeling guilty and embarrassed for the years that she had gone on about it. I felt a different moral after reading it.

I was thinking how impossible it would be for me to clean the last of “his” toothpaste off the mirror. I didn’t think that I would be able to do it, and would resign myself to toothpaste on the mirror for the rest of my life. I would have never known that I had been doing it too.

Everyone has small things about their spouse that annoy them. You know it’s true. But I submit that those things are exactly what we would miss most once they were gone. And, so, this is for my husband. I sincerely hope that I am never able to change you. Happy Valentine’s Day, Baby! I love everything I hate about you:

10. That look that you give me when you think that I am making too big a deal of something.

9. The way you manage to rearrange my entire kitchen when you unload the dishwasher. (Don’t think I don’t know what you’re trying to do…)

8. That you “sneak” chocolate chips out of the cupboard and don’t refill the container. Seriously, semi-sweet chocolate chips??

7. The fact that you can find your way ANYWHERE. Even when I know you’re really lost, you manage to turn it around and prove me wrong, without directions! It’s sick.

6. That awful look you give me when I start to cry. It only makes me feel guilty that I am crying over nothing because you look so hurt. Not everything needs to be fixed.

5. When you teach the children things like, “Head-First Stair Sledding”. Yeah, I know it’s fun, but you’ll be at school when Ethan needs stitches.

4. That you can’t tell if I am wearing makeup or not.

3. How you can fall asleep when I am talking to you and still try to pass it off like you heard what I said.

2.  When you look at me with the wrong eye. Face it, baby, you’ve got me trained.

1. That you give me everything and ask for nothing in return. You really are the most sickeningly great guy I have ever met. It’d be nice to make your day every once in a while… 

1 comment:

  1. I love it :) I can relate to almost everything on your list. Cute post.

    ReplyDelete