Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Our Song

When I was pregnant with Ethan, I was called as a nursery worker in our Ward. One Sunday, as Josh and I were in charge of singing time, the most adorable 2 year old, Hailey, requested to sing "Hey, Mama". I had no idea what Primary song she could be thinking of, and asked her to sing it for me. I was appalled as the toddler in front of me belted out, "Hey, Mama, shake that booty real fast. Ah, hey, Mama!" What kind of mother listens to Black-Eyed Peas in front of her child enough that she could actually memorize the words?! 

That was then. This is today. Here is a video of my sons, dancing to their new favorite song:



I thought that it was cute... I hope you enjoyed it. A deep and most sincere apology goes out to Hailey's Mom... wherever you are.

5 comments:

  1. It is cute! Funny our oppinions change as we have kids! Jared watched it too. He just informed me " 'ems funny mom" and he wants to watch it again...thanks for the entertainment and dancing lessons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was amazing. Your boys "be gangsta". Nice work... I really like the beanie accesorizing also. Nice touch! Go Ethan and Sloan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE IT!!!! Gangster style you have the cutest boys.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too funny! I loved it! I use to make "judgments" at my cousing because of the songs her little 3 year old knew, until one day in the car, this song came on and I glanced in my rearview mirror to Carson dancing and mouthing, "low-low-low-low-low-low-low-low!" I had no idea he knew this song!!! Glad your boys like it too!

    And yes..Adam Lambert from American Idol gives me the willies too. Yet...he really can sing. (sometimes I wish he couldn't, so he'd be history!) Go Danny Boy though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmm... I forgot to mention... "I am gettin' so hot, I'm gonna take my 'sock' off!"

    ReplyDelete