Tuesday, August 16, 2011

The most beautiful place on earth!

While Sami was there with us, Mom wanted to head over to the peninsula to show us Forks, WA (home of Twilight...). Me, hating Twilight the way that I do, was skeptical, but now I see why this place was so inspirational for Stephanie Meyer. We left early in the morning and took the ferry over and then drove to our first stop: The Most Beautiful Place on Earth: The Rainforest. Seriously, If I could, I would live right in the middle of it!! But don't take my word for it:

Our Ferry: The Walla Walla

First shot of the rainforest. It's just so green! I don't know why, but I LOVE moss!
If you look closely below the hanging moss on the trees, you can see a beautiful, clear mountain stream.

Our happy hikers!

Moss! Lots and lots of MOSS!!

See the knarly roots on these trees? Turns out that seeds fall from the trees and deposit into fallen trees and find nourishment in them, then as the tree decays, the roots find their way through it to the ground, and these funky, above the ground roots result. Really, in person, it's impressive!

The kids loved looking for things we couldn't see! Sloan and Andi found this little treasure. Before I could get a good picture of it, he crawled under the brush, but you can still kind of see it...

Just pretty.

More pretty.

Trying to get a picture of all the kids by this "tree cave". I actually like this one!
Andi, sitting all prim and proper, Ethan doing a "manly pose", Mason copying Ethan, and Sloan...
turning around to look in the cave for bears. Oh my.

1 comment:

  1. My sister Brooke and I just oooh and ahhhed over all of your pictures. We (being twilight fans) are a little jealous :) What a fun adventure!

    ReplyDelete