Monday, May 31, 2010

The Seven-Year Itch

I like you
And I know why
I like you because
You are a good person
To like

I like you because

When I tell you something special
You know it's special
And you remember it
A long long time

You say
Remember when you told me
Something special

And both of us remember

When I think something is important
You think it's important too

We have good ideas

When I say something funny

You laugh

I think I'm funny and
You think I'm funny too

Hah-hah

That's because
You really like me

You really like me
Don't you

And I really like you back
And you like me back
And I like you back

And that's the way we keep on going
Every day

I like you because if I am mad at you
Then you are mad at me too

It's awful when the other person isn't

Phooey

They are so nice and hoo-hoo you could just about
punch them in the nose

If you find two four-leaf clovers
You give me one

If I find four
I give you two

If we only find three
We keep on looking

Sometimes we have good luck
And sometimes we don't

I like you because
I don't know why but
Everything that happens
Is nicer with you

I can't remember when I didn't like you

It must have been lonesome then

I like you because because because

I forget why I like you

But I do

So many reasons

I guess I don't know why I like you really
Why do I like you

I guess I just like you

I guess I just like you.

Happy Anniversary, Baby. I like you.
(Words from: "I Like You" by Sandol Stoddard Warburg)

3 comments: