Sunday, October 10, 2010

Stamp-A-Thon, October Edition.


Since my dear friend, Kris, invited me to my first card/stamping workshop in February 2008, I have fallen in love. In love with stamping. In love with card-making. In love with really cool tools for stamping and card making. And most of all, in love with the idea of being gone from real life for a whole day, doing something that I love with a bunch of people that I love.

Twice a year, there is such an event in Saint George, put on by one Jill Olsen. It. Is. Fantastic. I have only ever let myself go to one a year in February, but after much longing and deliberation, I decided and organized a group with our course set to Utah in October.

Saturday was the big day. We left early in the morning and returned late-ish in the evening. We had the best time with good friends, good food, good shopping, and of course enough craft ideas to make our collective head explode with joy.

Table #1

Table #2

Table #3 (Somehow entirely unpictured: Staci)

These are some of the favorites that we were able to make:



Dinner at Mongolian Barbecue. This is the before shot.
You pick out your uncooked food and sauce and after cooking it in front of you on a giant wok:

Voila! Dinner. The food was pretty good and I gotta admit it was pretty cool, but I can't lie, the atmosphere was a little iffy. Notice the cardboard boxes they are standing on? Definitely a new experience... maybe I need more of those.

Just had to add this in. Mason, enjoying his spoils from the Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory located in the same shopping center as the Mongolian Barbecue. I couldn't forget my babies entirely...

Wish you were here?

9 comments:

  1. Those are super cute cards! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ummmm, I should have known better than to read this post! Looks like you all had a great time! The cards are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to do it next spring! You will have to come back every year and go with us after you move!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like lots of fun!! You will have to say hello to everyone for me. And no we don't know yet...Thursday is the day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey- maybe the cardboard boxes are to catch all the grease that wok has to spit out right? - at least it's a happier thought. Love the cards btw. They turned out soooo cute. Maybe I need to join a stamp-a-thon or whatever they're called. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those cards look good enough to eat! LOVE CARD MAKING!! Wish I had more time in the day...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, as a matter-o-fact I DO wish I were there! :) It makes me miss you all and miss St. George! I've eaten at that place. It's pretty good. A hole in the wall, but good. Have you tried the Italian bakery in the same shopping center? It's fantastic! Next time go there! Get broccoli cheese soup in a bread bowl and a canoli for dessert. yum yum yum!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Perhaps we can do some crafty stuff together when I'm there in 8 DAYS?!!!

    Please make sure that Mason is covered in chocolate when I arrive.
    LOVE that boy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Darn! I can't believe I missed the October outing! (Just teasin'...)

    ReplyDelete