Monday, June 22, 2015

My NC Home.

So, basically this is just embarrassing. The last time I blogged was for the birth of Claire who is barreling toward 2 1/2 years old. I lack time... mostly.

Anyway. Another big life change, another reason to finally blog. For posterity's sake, of course...

After spending nearly three wonderful years in Maryland, where we welcomed two beautiful daughters, we moved. Josh was accepted into the Endodontic Residency for the US Army and assigned to Fort Bragg, North Carolina. Our report date was June 1st which means that we are finally all unpacked and it is now time for the traditional "We've moved!"-blog.

Without further ado: Pictures!


Master Bedroom. 
If you're friends with me on Facebook, you've already basically seen this one, 
but because I LOVE my bed, you get to see it again... 


Entryway.
 I like it. And I like the bench Josh made for me. 


Front Door/Entryway.
 Is anyone else as obsessed about transom windows as I am?


Dining Room.
 Haven't decided what to do with the silhouettes on the wall yet. 
Still think it looks naked but giving it time to percolate. 


Dining Nook.
 Nothing to explain.


Kitchen 1.
 The water doesn't taste like mold and the dishwasher is super quiet. 
I'm in love.


Kitchen 2. 
A microwave that doesn't pop the breaker every 3rd time I use it and an oven that heats predictably. 
It's really the simple things in life...


Living Room 1. 
Now this is the exciting part. After watching children ravage my sofa for the last 11 years, I got new furniture!! 
If you're in the market, COCOCO Home is great for your custom furniture needs. 
(Save for the ottoman... Josh and I built that.)


Living Room 2.
With a gas fireplace. Seriously, can not wait for winter.


Living Room 3/Kitchen 3.
Kind of unnecessary to have three pictures of my living room, but I am in love with my furniture... 
Apparently my phone takes really blurry pictures. Sorry.


Stairs/Entry Way.
My "Home Is Where the Heart Is"-project finally has a home!


House.
Again, if you're my friend on Facebook then you've already seen this. 
But, yeah, that's my house and I'm pretty excited about it.


The Bunk House.
Or that's what I'm calling the boys' room... 
wonder when they're going to get old enough to want separate bedrooms...?

Well, that's the end of this tour. Things I didn't include:

1) The girl's room. It hasn't been decorated for the two of them yet, 
so (hopefully) that'll be a separate post not too long from now... 
2) Bathrooms. Because.
3) The office. It's ALWAYS Card Season, but... if you look back at "Living Room 1." you can see it. 
It has amazing built-ins. The owner does some pretty awesome custom work...
4) The guest room. We don't have any furniture in it yet. But don't fear, future guests! It's on the to-do list!
5) The Laundry Room. I spend too much time in there as it is.

*Desperately missing the Susquehanna Ward. Just had to add that. Because it's true. 

6 comments:

  1. I love it! Super, super cute! I love your style. I would comment on what I like best but I love it all :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. You are so talented. It's perfect and beautiful in that 'just photographed for a magazine' kind of way. Miss you guys!
    Rebekah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your new home is beautiful! It makes me want to come visit NC just to see it in person. We miss you so much and my primary class just isn't the same without Mason. Hope you are doing well :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Baby! But I must say, it's a good thing you're done having babies... that doesn't look like a couch for Grandma to sleep on! :-(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, I would need to come visit I guess. We're in Cary, NC. :) Love your home is where your heart is wall!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Any time, Chelsea! It would be so good to have a reunion!

      Delete